Easy crispy duck salad recipe:
Recipe of the day is this mouth-watering crispy duck salad recipe with a ginger and soy dressing by Rachel’s low fat yoghurt. This delicious crispy duck salad recipe serves two.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
680 Kcal per 500g
2 Gressingham duck legs
1 carrot, peeled and grated
100g mooli, peeled and grated (optional) – Mooli is an Asian giant white radish
1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced finely
1 bunch spring onions, sliced
150g Rachel’s Greek Style ginger yoghurt
1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
1 tbsp Soy sauce Sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6. Score the skin of the duck legs and season. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a high heat, add the duck, skin-side down, and cook for 4 mins or until the skin is crisp. Turnover and quickly brown the underside, then transfer to a baking tray and place in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove the duck legs from the baking tray and allow to rest, use kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- Slice the duck into strips or shred from the bones.
- Add the salad ingredients into a large bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together and toss the two together.
- Transfer the salad to a serving platter and add the duck pieces.
- Drizzle over the dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.