Gorgonzola Focaccia Sandwich Recipe
Recipe of the day is this healthy sandwich of Gorgonzola Focaccia with Scotch sirloin steak and beef tomato.
The sandwich is perfect for lunch or dinner as it is filling but still healthy for the calorie conscious.
This Gorgonzola Focaccia Sandwich with Scotch sirloin steak and beef tomato recipe serves two.
2 small focaccia rolls
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
2 x 100g Scotch sirloin steaks, flattened to 1 cm thick
1 beef tomato, sliced
2 tsp horseradish sauce
1 handful mixed baby leaves
40g Gorgonzola piccante
- Preheat the oven to 200oC
- Marinate the steak in Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, a good pinch of black pepper and ½ tbsp olive oil for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, bake the focaccia rolls until crunchy
- Heat a griddle pan, add a little olive oil and fry the steak for 1 minute a side for medium rare, or 1.5 minutes a side for medium. Leave to rest while you griddle the tomato slices, 1 minute a side
- Slice the steak into strips
- Slice the focaccia in half, spread with a little horseradish, top with salad leaves, tomato, steak strips and plenty of Gorgonzola piccante
Tip: If you can’t get hold of focaccia bread, try using Italian ciabatta or seeded rolls.