Lactose free Breakfast Recipe:
Lactose intolerance can be very restrictive not to mention a pain literally, causing symptoms of nausea, stomach cramps and bloating following the consumption of dairy products.
So for the next seven days, we have teamed up with The Lactofree range which includes whole and semi-skimmed (fresh and UHT), hard and soft cheese, fruit yoghurt, UHT portion packs, cream, spreadable and ice cream to bring you delicious lactose free breakfast recipes.
To ensure you don’t miss out on the taste and nutrition of breakfast, see if starting the day without lactose makes a difference with these delicious recipes from Lactofree spokeswoman, actress Fay Ripley.
For the pancakes
110g plain flour
2 large free range eggs
200ml Lactofree semi-skimmed mixed with 75ml water
2 tbsp. chives, chopped
A pinch of salt
A dollop of lacto free spreadable butter
25g Lactofree cream cheese
125g pack smoked salmon
2 tomatoes, deseeded, chopped
- For the pancakes, sift the flour into a bowl. Add the eggs sand whisk to combine. Add the chopped chives and drizzle in the Lactofree semi-skimmed and water, whisking till it has the consistency of single cream.
- Melt a dollop of Lactofree butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Carefully using a piece of kitchen roll to cover the pan in the butter.
- Dollop in a ladleful of batter, turning the pan to cover the base. Flip when the underside begins to bubble.
- As soon as the pancake is ready, slide onto a plate then with the back of a teaspoon roughly smear a dollop of Lactofree cream cheese on one half of the pancake then flip the other half over to warm the cheese.
- Lay on some smoked salmon and scatter some chopped tomato on top. Repeat with the other pancakes