Cook up a storm with this winter warmer – a Parmigiano Reggiano and chicken puttanesca pasta that is sure to be a family dinner time favourite. This fantastic recipes serves Serves 4-6 people
300g dried pasta bows
3 chicken breasts, cubed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large red onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (use a whole chilli if you are a spice fan)
4 anchovies, finely chopped
100g black olives, chopped
400g cherry tomatoes
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
Handful basil, chopped
100g grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to pack instruction until al dente, drain and keep warm.
- Fry chicken in oil with onion, garlic, chilli, anchovies and olives for 3-5 minutes until browned.
- Stir through the fresh and tinned tomatoes and basil. Simmer for 5 minutes to reduce slightly, press the tomatoes down to release their juices. Add in 75g Parmigiano Reggiano and season to taste.
- Toss the pasta through the sauce and pour into a large ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over the remaining Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180oC for 20-25 minutes until golden.