Tart Recipe Idea:
Recipe of the day is Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and asparagus tart. This tart recipe idea serves two.
Tart recipe ingredients
2 10x20cm puff pastry rectangles
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp green pesto
30g shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus extra to serve
4 tbsp mascarpone cheese
6 asparagus spears
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
2tbsp grated Parmgiano-Reggiano cheese
Torn basil leaves, to serve
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the pastry rectangles on a greased baking sheet and carefully score lines 1cm away from the pastry edges with a sharp knife.
- Prick the inner rectangle with a fork and brush with beaten egg.
- Spread a thin layer of pesto all over the base of the inner rectangle and top with shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and small spoonfuls of mascarpone cheese.
- Blanche the asparagus spears for 1 minute in boiling salted water, drain, and place 3 spears across each tart.
- Sprinkle a little lemon zest and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano over each tart and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and risen.
- Serve the tarts with shaved Parmgiano-Reggiano and freshly torn basil leaves.