Sorbet recipe for the weekend
Due to the popularity of last weekend’s recipe of the day – Martin Miller’s Gin & Tonic Sorbet Recipe, we’ve decided to bring you another sorbet recipe, this time from Red Hot World Buffet.
This raspberry & ginger sorbet recipe is quick and easy to make not to mention low in calories – it’s the perfect treat to get your weekend started.
Raspberry & Ginger Sorbet Recipe Ingredients – Serves Two
400g Fresh raspberries
70ml Fresh lemon juice
200g Caster sugar
80ml Fresh ginger juice
80ml Cold water
- Use a blender to pulse the raspberries into a puree.
- Put the water and sugar in a small, non-stick pan and heat through gently, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Add the lemon juice and continue to heat slowly until silvery bubbles appear on the surface of the mixture.
- Remove the liquid from the heat and add the raspberry puree and ginger juice.
- Mix well and then cool the liquid down before placing it in an ice cream maker and churning until the texture is softly set.
- Or mix well and cool the liquid down before placing it in the freezer in a shallow container. Keep scraping it every 1 hour and 30 minutes with a fork three to four times or until the texture is softly set.
- Serve with fresh fruit and low fat creme fraiche (optional).