This is the perfect light lunch for spring and summer and is packed full of nutrients which will leave you feeling satisfied all day. Leave the mozzarella out for a dairy-free alternative or replace with goat’s cheese.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 chicken breast, cut into small chunks and
Seasoned with salt and pepper
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 small handful of grated hard mozzarella
2 large flour tortillas (we used seeded ones)
1 red or yellow pepper, sliced
1 red onion, finely sliced
½ tsp chilli flakes
15 pitted olives, black or green, quartered
1 handful watercress
1 handful of spinach
Few torn basil leaves
For the dressing
1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard, mixed
Salad (to serve)
- Prepare and cut the chicken into small chunks. Then, in a frying pan, heat the olive oil and fry the seasoned chicken over a high heat for approximately 4 minutes until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the garlic so it softens but doesn’t burn.
- Put a thin layer of the grated mozzarella on the tortillas, then spoon the other ingredients (cooked and raw) out evenly on top.
- Finally, drizzle the dressing over the filling, roll it all up, tucking in the sides like a burrito and cook it in a dry, medium-hot frying pan for 2-3 minutes each side, using another pan to weigh it down.
- Slice in half and serve with salad. The cheesy filling should be all gooey and have a spicy kick!