Dark green leaves of the sea are loaded with such a broad spectrum of nutrients that are not readily available from land vegetables. One of the most delicious ways to introduce sea vegetables into your diet is to create tasty dressings. The variety of vegetables and the light citrus-y dressing make this wakame salad flavourful and easy for people to warm up to.
¼ cup Clearspring wakame seaweed flakes soaked in warm water until soft (15 minutes)
2 baby cucumbers thinly sliced
5 red radishes thinly sliced
½ roasted red bell pepper, thin julienne strips
3 spring onions, minced
2 tsps. Clearspring red wine vinegar
2 tsps. Clearspring brown rice vinegar
Juice of each: 1 orange, lime, lemon
1 tsps. Clearspring tamari soya sauce
1 tsps. Clearspring mirin
3 cups spring mixed salad greens
- Drain and squeeze water from the wakame.
- Combine the wakame, cucumber, radishes, bell pepper, and spring onions in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the vinegars, citrus juices tamari and mirin in a small bowl adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Stir dressing into vegetable mixture and toss to combine.
- Set aside to marinate for at least one hour before serving to allow flavours to develop.
- Arrange the mixed salad greens on a plate and spoon the marinade vegetable mixture over the top.