Whatever your skin type, from normal to oily, it’s no secret that that an occasional clay treatment is recommended to maintain clear skin and keep breakouts and shiny, patchy skin at bay. Today, we test one of such clay treatments, the Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Treatment Bar.
Made from one ingredient – Umbrian clay from the Italian town of Nocera Umbra, the Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Treatment Bar works as a deep cleanser and an instant detoxifying mask for both face and body, and promises to extract toxins, treat skin imperfections, aid in the regeneration of healthy skin cells and soothe the skin.
The uniquely high mineral content in the bar is said to neutralize acidity on the skin, purifying and clarifying the complexion. The all-natural bar works to extract toxins, treat skin imperfections, aid in the regeneration of healthy skin cells and soothe the skin.
How to use Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Treatment Bar
- Rinse face or body
- Moisten the bar and apply directly to the skin
- Allow to dry, then rinse.
- For a deeper treatment, leave on for 5 minutes before rinsing
The Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Treatment Bar makes a lot of claims for one treatment bar with one ingredient so, we were anxious to put it to the test, and here’s what we found:
- It is fast drying when applied, and you feel skin tightening almost immediately which I guess means it goes to work almost immediately.
- It claims to draw out toxins which is difficult to ascertain, I’m not sure anyone will be able to prove or measure (if possible) exactly how much toxins is removed from skin. I did however have one pimple on my forehead when I started using the bar. I half expected it to pop and thereby proving it draws out toxins but so far it hasn’t happened. Perhaps it requires longer use?
- One thing I found was the soothing qualities of the bar. The skin feels clean, pores tightened and skin smooth after the clay is rinsed off.
- Another great quality about this Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Treatment Bar is the fact that it doesn’t dry out skin. So many clay based products do but this bar doesn’t and I was impressed with it.
- The bar is also long lasting, a little goes a long way so it used last for more than 6 months if you don’t apply in the shower and wash it down the drain. Just wetting your fingers and rubbing a bit of clay off the bar is all you need for each treatment.
- Finally, application isn’t ideal, it’s messy and you definitely will have to clean either your clothes or your counter after use.
The Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Treatment Bar is not a miracle cure but it does do somethings for the skin such as tighten pores, sooth irritated skin and gives a clean skin with every use. We’ll give it 2.5 stars.
The Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Treatment Bar is priced at £36 and is available on the website.