Recipe of the day is this sweet vanilla waffles served with juicy berries and sumptuous honey yoghurt by Rachel’s low fat yoghurt.
The recipe makes eight waffles
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Kcal per serving: 149Kcal
250g self-raising flour
Sifted Pinch of salt 2tsbp
Caster sugar 2 egg
Separated 80g unsalted butter
200ml milk 180g Rachel’s Low Fat Vanilla Yoghurt
A few drops of vanilla extract
To Serve: Rachel’s Greek Style Honey Yoghurt Berries of your choice
- Mix the flour with the salt and caster sugar in a bowl.
- Add the egg yolk, melted butter, milk and yoghurt and vanilla extract and beat to a smooth batter.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff and then fold into the batter.
- Heat the waffle iron until very hot and pour enough batter to cover the surface.
- Close the waffle iron and cook for a couple of minutes each side. When cooked the waffle should be golden brown, crisp and easily removed from the iron.