Wholemeal pancakes with parma ham, ricotta, rocket and pesto.
Recipe of the day is this wholemeal pancakes filled with parma ham, ricotta, rocket and pesto.
Healthy as well as delicious, this pancakes recipe makes six pancakes
Butter, to grease
30g pine nuts, toasted
3 tbsp pesto
6 slices Parma Ham
1 tsp vegetable oil
100g wholemeal plain flour
Salt and cracked black pepper
- Blend together the batter ingredients then leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan and add a little butter to grease the base.
- Pour small ladles of batter into the pan, tilting it to give a thin yet even layer of batter.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the pancake can easily be turned over. Flip the pancake and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes until browned. Repeat to use the remaining mixture.
- Spread a little ricotta over each pancake the top with rocket leaves, pine nuts, pesto and a slice of Parma Ham.