Recipe of the day is Wild Alaska Pacific cod loins with a pistachio and lime crust and served with a fennel and broad been salad.
Recipe makes serves four.
4 x 150g wild Alaska Pacific cod fillets
zest and juice of 2 limes
50g pistachios, chopped
25g dry white breadcrumbs
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
juice of 1 white grapefruit
2 tbsp ground nut oil
½ tbsp white wine vinegar
pinch of saffron, soaked in 2 tsp hot water
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 bulb of fennel, finely sliced
1 handful broad beans
2 handfuls pea shoots
1 handful coriander, torn
- Preheat the oven to 200oC. Place the wild Alaska Pacific cod fillets on a lightly-greased baking tray, season, and squeeze a little lime juice over each portion.
- Mix together the pistachios, breadcrumbs, olive oil, lime zest and the remaining lime juice, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon plenty of topping over the surface of each cod loin and cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the crust is golden, and the fish is opaque and flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing, and season well to taste.
- Arrange the salad ingredients on to 4 serving plates.
- Remove the fish from the oven and place each next to the salad, drizzle over plenty of dressing before serving.
Cook’s tip: Wild Alaska halibut is also perfect for this dish. You can always adapt the salad ingredients according to the season