Here’s a simple yet rich recipe which celebrates the arrival of chestnut season, one of the true flavours of autumn. This warm and homey dish with chestnuts, roasted potatoes and Parma Ham is the perfect choice for cold autumn weekends.
100g Parma Ham in strips
Some slices of Parma Ham
1 small spring of rosemary, bay leaf
1 clove of unpeeled garlic
Extra virgin olive oil
- First, cook the chestnuts in boiling water with the bay leaf and a pinch of salt.
- When they are ready, drain, peel and cut them.
- Arrange the potatoes on a greased baking tin, add a clove of unpeeled garlic, the strips of Parma Ham and the rosemary.
- Roast in the oven at 200ºC for 15 minutes.
- Add the chestnuts and continue cooking for 10 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- To add the final touch, serve with slices of Parma Ham.