It’s Chocolate Week so my inner chocoholic has come out to play. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth but I do indulge during this time, after all, chocolate week comes around just once a year.
Made with Chocolate and Love Rich Dark chocolates, teamed up with delicious pecan to create one of the best tasting brownies. I left this part out but for the perfect dessert, top it off with light and fluffy mascarpone based cream and blueberries.
250g dark organic cane sugar
160g unsalted organic butter
5 tbsp high quality cacao powder
Seeds of ½ bourbon vanilla pad
2 tbsp whisky
150g wheat flour, preferably cake flour
100g Chocolate and Love Rich Dark, roughly chopped
60g pecan nuts, chopped
½ tsp salt
2 organic eggs
250g mascarpone cheese
½ dl single cream or coffee cream
- Heat oven to 175°C / fan 155°C
- Mix the sugar, butter, cacao powder, vanilla seeds and whisky in a pan and put it over a medium heat, until melted and combined. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Mix flour, chopped chocolate, chopped nuts and salt in a bowl.
- Stir the flour mix into the cooled sugar mix and add the eggs. Stir it with a whisk until it combines. Avoid further mixing.
- Pour the cake butter into a square 20cm baking tin lined with a baking parchment. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until the edges are firm, but the middle is still soft. Leave to cool before cutting.
- When serving, whip the mascarpone together with the cream and whisky, until light and fluffy. Serve the brownies at room temperature with the cream and blueberries.