The long weekend is here and I there say this easy to make layered yogurt frozen dessert will make it even better.
This delicious recipe serves 8 people. It takes 30 minutes to make plus freezing, and you can make it vegan by using plant based yogurt and vegan maple syrup instead of honey
- 200g strawberries, hulled
- 300g low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp grated orange zest
- 100g runny honey
- 200g blackberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g raspberries
- 200g blueberries
- 5 mint leaves, plus sprigs to serve
- Extra berries to serve
- Line a 900g loaf tin with cling film or baking parchment. Place the strawberries in a blender, food processor or use a handheld stick blender and blend to a pulp. If you don’t have either then mash to a rough paste. Stir in 75g yogurt, the orange zest, 25g honey, and pour into the base of the tin. Freeze for 2 hours until almost solid.
- Blend the blackberries with the vanilla extract until smooth. If you like, you can sieve this mixture to remove the pips. Stir in 75g yogurt and 25g honey. Pour over the strawberry layer and freeze for 2 hours.
- Repeat with the raspberries, sieve to remove pips if you like, stir in the yogurt, and honey. Pour it over the blackberries and freeze for 2 hours.
- For the final layer, blend the blueberries with the mint, stir in the yogurt and honey, and pour over the raspberry layer. Freeze for 2 hours. Serve the layered loaf in slices with extra berries and mint sprigs.
- Remove from the freezer five minutes before serving to make slicing easier. If you’re not eating the whole thing straight away, store slices individually wrapped in cling film so that you can easily eat one portion at a time.
- You can use golden syrup instead of honey and any type of yogurt will work, though fat-free and flavoured yogurts are usually sweetened so taste before adding honey.