It’s British berries season and as I do every year, I’ve teamed up again with ‘love fresh berries‘ to bring you some easy to make berry inspired recipes.
Starting with this easy Instant Strawberry Freezie to combat the heatwave we’ve been experiencing lately.
This is a great recipe idea if you already have berries in the freezer, this means you can make this as an instant treat. Try it with any berries, adjusting the amount of honey or syrup according to how sweet you like it.
- Makes: 4 scoops
- Prep time: 5 minutes plus freezing time
- Make it vegan with plant based yogurt and maple syrup
- 200g strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp low fat yogurt
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Freeze the strawberries overnight then simply add all the ingredients to a blender or use a stick blender to blitz into ice cream. Serve immediately in scoops, in a cone or freeze for later.
-If you don’t have a blender, simply mash the fresh unfrozen strawberries with the banana and other ingredients and freeze until firm enough to scoop.
-Ripe fruit is often sweet already so taste before adding the honey or maple syrup. This works well with raspberries too.