New vegan protein powder brand, Plant Era recently launched. Developed for elite athletes and professionals, Plant Era is 95% organic and contains 50% of the daily vitamin B12 and iron we need to fight fatigue.
It also has twenty amino acids and 21 grams of pea and rice protein, making Plant Era an excellent source of amino acids and antioxidants to fight muscle recovery and illness. It also contains no artificial sweeteners or added sugar, dairy, and gluten; it’s the perfect choice for serious people who work out or anyone who’s into high protein diets and is vegan.
Plant Era comes in two flavours – Organic Vegan Dark Chocolate and Organic Vegan Strawberry-Basil, giving a lot of options for its uses.
With smoothies being one of the things, most protein powders are used for, I tried it with one of my go-to breakfasts of choice – a high protein, strawberry smoothie. It is filling, healthy, and gives a boost that lasts long into the afternoon.
Strawberry and spinach smoothie recipe:
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 avocado
- Chia seeds
- 1 scoop of Plant Era Organic Vegan Strawberry-Basil
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth.
I also like to use flavoured protein powders in my baking especially if they are high in protein and contain no artificial additives. Here are some high-protein chocolate pancakes I made using Plant Era Organic Vegan Dark Chocolate.
To make these chocolate pancakes, you’ll need:
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 scoops of Plant Era Organic Vegan Dark Chocolate
- Mix all the ingredients together until smooth
- To cook the pancakes, heat a little oil in a frying pan, then add 2-3 tablespoons of the pancake batter to the pan and cook for 1 min on each side.
Find out more about Plant Era here.