Many people see having a facial in different ways – a necessary part of a healthy skincare routine, a once-in-a-while pampering treat, a weekly self love ritual or a must-have for important occasions.
Whatever the reason for having a facial, you’ll have none better than a BeautyLabs Facial at the Harley Street Skin Clinic.
Powered by the award-winning BeautyLabs skincare range, there are several options to choose from based on your skin needs and the occasion.
And we have it on good authority that most of our favourite celebs wouldn’t be caught dead on the red carpet without a visit first to the Beautylabs skincare clinic.
The brand turned 21 earlier this year which gave us the perfect opportunity to try out one of the best facials in London.
Our reviewer opted for the BeautyLab Black Diamond Angel Facial which uses the BeautyLab Black Diamond skincare range for a 50 minute, 8-step facial that promises to leave skin illuminated and younger looking.
Created in 2012 for all skin types and to take skin back in time to its younger looking days; the BeautyLab Black Diamond product range harnesses the latest innovations in stem cell science and peptide technology. Key ingredients include:
Diamonds: Delivered into skin via intricate encapsulation technology, the diamond cores help to bring back the look of younger skin, giving it a soft-focus effect and luminosity.
Sapphire and Ruby: Sapphire has anti-inflammatory, cooling and regenerative properties, while Ruby conditions skin with healing and energising benefits.
Mother of Pearl: This gently exfoliates skin, making it smooth and radiant.
Copper Peptide: This softens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, leaving skin rejuvenated. It also has great anti-aging properties by stimulating the production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid.
Palmitoyl Oligopeptide & Pentapeptide: These are peptides that work to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, pigmentation, dark circles and inflammation.
The ingredients used in the Black Diamond range tell us all we need to know about its benefits to skin. Paired with BeautyLab® Dual Anti-Ageing System (DAS), a custom-designed system that uses a gentle microcurrent function to tighten facial muscles and combined with an oxygen function that promotes collagen production to stimulate, plump, energise, nourish and restore skin energy; we finally get why this is the favourite facial of London’s elite.
The 8-step facial involved:
- Peptide Cleanser: A multi-active cleanser that uses Diamonds, Cyclopeptide-5, Cranberry Enzyme and Radish Root Peptide to purify and refresh skin while gently resurfacing it to improve hydration and firm the skin without stripping its natural moisture.
- Peptide Toner: This preparative tonic contains Diamonds, Hexapeptide-2, Copper Peptide and Cranberry Enzyme that resurfaces, improves hydration, firmness and elasticity, while softening and plumping the skin.
- Pearl Dermabrasion: This award-winning, exfoliating treatment uses Diamonds, Mother of Pearl, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, and Magnesium to smooth and brighten, minimise the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles, as well as improve skin uniformity and deliver a smooth finish.
- Pyruvic Gel: This dynamic gel targets fine lines, wrinkles and pigmentation by using Pyruvic Acid, Diamonds, Arginine, Lemongrass and Aloe Vera to instantly transform the skin’s overall appearance and texture.
- Ruby Mask: This is a deeply replenishing and soothing mask that boosts moisture levels, promotes elasticity and restores skin softness thanks to the Diamonds, Ruby, Arginine, Orange Flower and Aloe Vera it contains.
- Energizing Serum: This revitalising serum uses Diamonds, Sapphire, Hexapeptide-8, Tripeptide-10, and Hyaluronic Acid to give skin the moisture it needs. It also improves elasticity and plumpness while working to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Eye Serum: This lightweight yet potent serum helps to de-puff the eye area and reduce dark circles. It increases hydration and minimises fine lines and wrinkles thanks to the Diamonds, Pentapeptide-11, Hexapeptide-8, Oligopeptide and Coffee Extract that does the heavy lifting.
- Moisture Complex: This award-winning moisturiser uses the power of Diamonds, Sapphire, Tripeptide-11, Polysilicone-11, and Hyaluronic Acid to support collagen production. It hydrates, plumps, and helps to improve skin firmness.
An immensely relaxing and enjoyable facial, the BeautyLab Black Diamond Angel Facial clearly does a lot to reverse the signs of aging and has a lot of anti-aging benefits but we’d argue it also has a lot to offer skin that hasn’t started showing signs of aging yet.
Although our reviewer has no wrinkles to speak of, she reports the facial left her skin soft, plump, and supple, not to mention radiant. Her skin’s luminosity lasted a fortnight.
The BeautyLab Black Diamond Angel Facial is highly recommended if you have a special occasion coming up and although at £120, it might seem like a steep indulgence for the everyday person in the current economic climate, it’s a must-try for skincare lovers because you can’t put a price on luminous skin.
The BeautyLab product range was initially created for spas, salons, and skin clinics but it’s now available at Beauty Emporium John Bell & Croyden. Check out the entire range here.