Make your own face serum at home to save some pennies and treat your skin with this potent formula. This DIY recipe is all natural and you know exactly what goes into it, which is always a big bonus.
Dandelion has many benefits to the skin; it’s known to reduce age spots and scars. This particular face serum recipe is formulated to brighten your complexion, and tighten and firm skin so really it’s an anti-ageing face serum that you can use day and night before moisturising.
- 6 fresh dandelion flowers and leaves
- Aloe Vera leaf
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E
- Wash the flowers and chop off the base of the stems to remove any dirt, leave to drain.
- Slice the Aloe Vera leaf down the middle and scoop the gel to fill half a cup.
- Whiz the dandelions and Aloe Vera gel together in a food processor and leave to sit for one hour.
- Using a cloth or strainer, squeeze the gel into a bowl. Make sure to get the dandelion infused gel, leaving only the dandelion leaves in the strainer.
- Gently mix in the vitamin E and pour into a bottle, preferably made from dark glass to keep serum preserved for longer.
- Add to your morning and night skincare routine and use within 10 weeks.
The main ingredient in this face serum recipe is dandelion but the added Aloe Vera and Vitamin E oil are also very potent skincare ingredients. Aloe Vera is a big deal in the skincare industry and for a good reason. It contains antioxidants, enzymes, Vitamins A and C, and is highly anti-inflammatory. It can help treat burns, acne, and dry skin thanks to its moisturising qualities.
Vitamin E has the same clout in the skincare industry. In fights off free radicals, and helps protect the skin from damage. Vitamin E also has moisturising and healing benefits, and helps to strengthen skin barrier function, It’s also a natural anti-inflammatory, so it can be soothing and calming to skin.
You get all the benefits of three skincare giants in this DIY face serum. All the ingredients are natural so you can slather it on as liberally as you like and you no longer have to worry about the cost.
This DIY Face Serum will cost you less than one-tenth of a store bought brand. You can pick up the ingredients for relatively nothing.