Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
1 (400g) pack lean lamb mince
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp ground cumin
1 (85g) bag watercress, finely chopped
1 each red and yellow pepper, cored and deseeded
1 tbsp olive oil
150ml natural Greek yogurt
1 clove garlic, crushed
50g/2oz watercress, roughly chopped
To serve: pitta bread or other flat bread
- Place the mince, onion, watercress and cumin in a large bowl with plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix together thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into 8 then use wet hands to shape each piece into a small burger.
- Cut each pepper into 8 wedges and thickly slice the courgettes, place in a bowl season add the oil and toss well.
- Make the yogurt sauce by mixing all the ingredients together with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Cook the burgers and vegetables over hot barbecue coals or under a hot grill for 8-10mins, turning once until the burgers are cooked through, with no sign of pink juices and the vegetables are char grilled.
Serve with the yogurt sauce and flat breads.
Per serving: Calories 307 Fat 19.7g Saturated fat 8.4g Carbohydrate 8.4g Protein 24.7g Fibre 2.7g Salt 0.38g