Dermalogica just launched HydraBlur™ Primer, a lightweight and non-greasy primer that not only helps with makeup application but also transforms skin by blurring the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, mattifying oily shine and creating a silky, smooth finish.
With three benefits in one formula, HydraBlur™ Primer is probably one of the hardest working primers out there. It offers intense moisturisation, natural coverage and pore-refining properties for all skin conditions, especially dry and dehydrated.
Key ingredients in HydraBlur™ Primer include:
- H2ORelease™ Complex of sodium hyaluronate, algin and trehalose -optimises hydration levels to maintain skin flexibility and smoothness, and helps provide sustained, intense moisturisation lasting throughout the day.
- Abyssinian Seed Oil – smooths skin texture and tone by creating a non-occlusive film. Helps maintain critical moisture balance, without clogging pores.
- Mattifiers – reduce oily sheen and disguise the appearance of fine, dry lines and imperfections. Create an even canvas with a soft-focus or blurred effect.
- Mushroom extract – reduces pore visibility and size.
- Wu-Zhu-Yu (evodia rutaecarpa) fruit extract – enhances skin radiance by boosting microcirculation.
- Micro-encapsulated tint – releases upon application to provide neutral coverage.
How to use
First cleanse skin, then apply preferred moisturiser and follow with primer application before makeup application.
- Fragrance and parabens free which I guess is a personal choice but it’s one of the reasons I love Dermalogica.
- It’s easy to apply and silky to touch, the skin absorbs the primer quite easily and quickly.
- It’s very lightweight, doesn’t add to the moisturiser applied. Skin can still breathe.
- It holds make up in place for hours, no need to worry about those pesky shine(s) that goes with wearing make up
- It comes with a slide on tube dispenser to help get the most product out of the tube. While it doesn’t enhance the product in anyway, I think it epitomizes Dermalogica’s attention to detail and conscientiousness which I’m very impressed with.
HydraBlur™ Primer costs £38.00 and is available on the Dermalogica website.