By the time we got to desserts, it felt like an impossible task but as foodies of good standing, we weren’t going to let it go to waste. Here are the recipes for you to try at home:
Recipe 5: Classic Tiramisu
A classic Italian tiramisu – homemade sponge fingers, coffee and a rich mascarpone mousse combine to create a heavenly dessert!
Sponge finger(s) : 200 g
Mascarpone : 250 g
Egg yolk(s) : 3 whole
Espresso coffee : 25 cl
Unsweetened cocoa powder : 50 g
Double cream : 12.5 cl
Caster sugar : 50 g
Cognac : 5 cl
To prepare the cream
- Gently whip the chilled double cream.
- Whisk 3 egg yolks with 50g sugar until pale and fluffy – sabayon.
- Whisk the mascarpone in a bowl to loosen it and then add 1/3 of the sabayon.
- Gently fold in the rest of the sabayon and the whipped cream.
- Prepare the coffee and leave to cool. Add the cognac.
- Dip the sponge fingers in the coffee for a few seconds.
- Line the base of your serving dish with half of the sponge fingers and cover with a layer of the mascarpone mousse. Dust with cocoa powder.
- Make a second layer of sponge fingers and cover again with the mascarpone mousse.
- Top with cocoa powder or grated chocolate. Refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes to allow the mousse to set. Serve straight from the fridge.
Recipe 6: Dark Chocolat Fountain
Skewers of pineapple, apple, pear and mango ready to be dipped in a rich dark chocolate fountain.
Dark chocolate : 600 g
Victoria pineapple : 1 whole
Apple(s) : 500 g
Pear(s) : 500 g
Mango(s) : 1 whole
- Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie or in the microwave.
- Peel the fruits and cut into equal sized pieces. Thread the fruit onto skewers.
- Pour the chocolate into the fountain and then dip the skewers into the chocolate. Enjoy!