Happy Friday everyone! Recipe of the day is this sinfully indulgent chocolate cake with a healthy twist courtesy of Linwoods milled Flaxseed, Cocoa & Berries.
Incorporated with milled Flaxseed, Cocoa & Berries, this indulgent chocolate recipe contains all sorts of healthy components such as Omega-3 essential fatty acids, Lignans and fibre which may help reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes.
150g Plain flour
1 Teaspoon baking powder
60g Cocoa powder
2 dessert spoons of Linwoods milled flaxseed, cocoa & berries,
90g Plain chocolate
390g Caster sugar
75g Chocolate chips
2 dessert spoons of Linwoods milled flaxseed, cocoa & berries
300g Unsalted butter
300g Icing sugar
Beat the butter and icing sugar together and flavour the filling with the seeds.
- Line 2 cake tins (20cms) with greaseproof paper.
- Preheat oven to 190C/gas mark 5.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa together into a mixing bowl.
- Melt the plain chocolate and cream together with the butter and caster sugar.
- Beat the eggs and add to the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the flour mixture, Milled Flaxseed, cocoa & berries and the chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture between the two cake tins and bake for 25 minutes until firm to touch.
- Leave to cool slightly and turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Beat the butter and icing sugar together and add a few drops of food colouring. (Optional)
- Once cooled sandwich the two cakes together with a layer of strawberry jam and the filling.
- Dust some sieved icing sugar on top to decorate and serve.