If last weekend’s sunshine has wet your appetite for basking in Spring sunshine and unveiling a svelt new body, I have some fantastic lunch recipes that will aid a health lifestyle and eventually help you reach your weight loss goal.
Say hello to Miso soup with LivLive bread. LivLife bread boasts 50% fewer carbs per 100g, compared to regular seeded, white and brown sliced loaves as the wheat flours are replaced with protein flours, using delicious seeds and grains. This change in flour means that the protein levels of the bread have been increased without compromising on that delicious ‘freshly baked’ taste.
This simple lunch recipe contains buckwheat which is a great source of magnesium and rutin which helps to reduce levels of the ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol.
110g Japanese soba noodle (100% buckwheat)
1 litre chicken stock
50g Miso paste
120g boneless, skinless, dark chicken meat cut into strips or Tofu
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp cornflower
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small carrot, grated
½ leek, finely sliced
1 handful beansprouts
12 pieces canned bamboo shoots
2 tbsp peanut oil
2 tbsp low-salt soya sauce
2 tsp sugar
Chilli oil to taste
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Boil the noodles for 2-3 minutes then drain. Bring the stock to boil.
- Press the miso through a sieve so it’s extra smooth, then whisk into the stock. Cover and remove from the heat.
- Combine the egg and corn flour, season, then add the chicken pieces to coat.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Throw in the garlic for a few seconds then add the chicken, carrot, leek and bean sprout shoots. Stir fry for 4 minutes. Add the soy source and sugar and cook for another minute. Divide noodles between 2 bowls and ladle over the stock, top with the vegetable mix, chilli oil and sesame seeds.
- Serve with LivLife bread.