Low cal lunch recipe spicy butternut squash soup served with two slices of LivLife bread which has 50% less calories than the average bread. Don’t forget butternut squash is also packed with vitamins to help boost your immune system making this easy to make recipe, a super nutritious lunch.
Serves: 2-3 persons
1 medium butternut squash – peeled and chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 chilli – chopped and deseeded
2 potatoes – peeled and cubed
1 onion – chopped
1 litre vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
- Chop butternut squash, onion and potatoes into cubes.
- Warm a large pot and add in olive oil. Add in onions & chilli and cook till soft.
- Then, add in potatoes and squash. Cook for a minute or so. Add in vegetable stock and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes or until potatoes and squash are soft.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend the soup until smooth. If too thick, add a bit of water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with two slices of LivLife bread.