A Healthy Recipe of Watercress Rainbow Salad with Feta, Beetroot, Carrots, Lentils, Pomegranate and Avocado
In this quick rainbow salad, you can enjoy the health benefits of watercress alongside a colourful array of vegetables. Packed with delicious superfoods, such as lentils, avocado, feta and pomegranate seeds, you needn’t feel guilty if you reach for a large helping.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
2 vacuum packed cooked beetroot
1 yellow pepper
2 medium carrots
1 tin of green lentils (400g)
85g (1 bag) watercress
50g feta cheese
2 tbsp fresh parsley
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of salt
- Slice the beetroot and yellow pepper into fine matchsticks and grate the carrot. Drain the tin of lentils and combine with the vegetables in a large salad bowl
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey and salt together in a bowl.
- Pour the dressing into the bowl of sliced vegetables and lentils and toss so all ingredients are coated in the dressing.
- Gently toss the watercress through the salad.
- Crumble over the feta cheese followed by the parsley.
- Cut the avocado in half, twist and remove the stone. Cut into slices and arrange on top of the salad.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and tap the back with a wooden spoon while holding it over the bowl to release the seeds, sprinkle on top to finish the salad.