Tasty Soup Recipes for Weight loss:
Fiona Kirk, author of ‘So What the F**K Should I Eat?” and “Eat, Live & Lose the Flab”, is back with a new book, Soup Can Make You Thin- The Cookbook. The new book promises healthy soup recipes and a soup diet plan that can make you lose weight in as little as 10 days.
It’s a scientific fact that soups keep you fuller for longer and deters snacking so the premise of the new book is not in question; the main question however is how long a person can be on a soup diet for and do the recipes taste good enough to keep dieters interested.
A few years ago, I remember the cabbage soup diet was very popular for weight loss thanks to celebs like Liz Hurley but it was tasteless which put people off, it was criticised by health professionals for not being balanced and others reported having diarrhoea the entire time they were on the diet so these were things I looked out for when trying out recipes in the new book.
What makes Soup Can Make You Thin different.
Having read the entire cookbook from cover to cover, here’s what I found:
- The difference between this soup diet and other soup diets is the variation. There’re so many recipes to choose from, you won’t be getting bored of soup any time soon.
- Snacks are allowed! Fiona’s 10 day soup diet consists of 3 soups a day with two healthy snacks in between.
- There’s a recipe for every skillset, you can whip up quick healthy broths in no time even if cooking isn’t one of your talents. From utensils to ingredients, the book goes into exact detail what you need to whip up a soup which leaves out guess work.
- It goes without saying the soups in this recipe book are very tasty, nutritional and comforting.
- The book is very informative; the soup recipes are divided into Super skinny, Skinny and Fat bursting soups so you know exactly what you are getting when preparing the recipe. It also tells you whether or not the recipe has starch which is very helpful.
- What it doesn’t tell you is the amount of calories in each soup but then again, soups are generally low in calories so it’s nothing to worry about.
- The book has a section on a 10 day flab fighting diet with tips on recipes, drinks and snacks which makes the diet very easy to follow.
- The recipes in the cookbook can easily fit into any lifestyle so you don’t have to be on soups for the rest of your life. After weight loss in the first 10 days, more solid meals can be incorporated as long as you have a soup a day.
Although I didn’t embark on a full 10 day soup diet plan, I incorporated Fiona’s Deliciously Light Fish Broth and Duck Broth with Egg Noodles and Bok Choy soup into my daily diet. They were quick and easy to make prepare.
The soups were delicious, filling and have completely replaced my snacks (crispbread & light cream cheese). They are also very hydrating-I noticed the difference in my skin because I’m not a big water drinker.
I’ve become more veg friendly; they somehow taste better in soups than they do in salads. I think the seasoning and sautéing methods in the book are to thank for that.
Finally, if you are looking to embark on a more healthy lifestyle or want to lose some of that stubborn stomach fat, I’ll recommend the 10 day soup diet in the Soup Can Make You Thin Cookbook.
Soup Can Make You Thin is available through www.souperydupery.com and Amazon for £5.41