Detox Green Tea Recipe
After a weekend of barbecues and cocktails, today is about detoxifying and restoring some balance with something a little light. Try this ever-refreshing, ever-green iced tea recipe made with Higher Living’s expert blend of Green Tea which compliments the subtle flavours of mint and melon as they mingle on the tongue.
A specialist in herbal tea, Higher Living is 100% natural and organic. It is marvellously mellow using only the finest organic green tea leaves.
5 bags Higher Living Green Tea
3 cups (750 mL) cubed peeled honeydew melon, about half melon
1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
1 cup (250 mL) mint leaves
- In large heatproof bowl, steep tea in 8 cups (2 L) boiling water for 4 minutes. Discard bags.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan, bring melon, sugar, 1 cup (250 mL) water and mint leaves to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until melon is broken down, about 8 minutes.
- Add to tea; leave to cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes)
- Refrigerate until cold, (about 2 hours)
- Strain through cheesecloth-lined sieve into pitcher, pressing solids only gently so beverage remains clear.
- Serve with ice cubes.