15 minutes preparation
25-30 minutes cooking time
500g (leftover) cooked turkey, cut into chunks
400g (leftover) cooked mixed vegetable, cut into chunks
3-4 large sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
100g (leftover) cheese, grated
350ml stock approx
2tbsp cranberry sauce
Spinach, watercress, cabbage (any or all of them optional)
Cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, curry powder (any or all of them optional)
Cracked black pepper
3- 4 garlic cloves crushed
5 sprigs of thyme
- Over a medium heat, place the flour in a pan, add a little of lukewarm stock and mix well.
- Pour over ½ of the boiling stock and stir well until all the lumps have disappeared.
- Carry on adding more stock and cooking until the desired thickness is reached.
- Add the cranberry sauce, nutmeg and a little honey, adjust the seasoning.
- Add the sauce to the turkey and vegetables and gently mix. At this stage you can add spinach, cabbage and/or watercress.
- Pour in an ovenproof dish.
- Season the sweet potatoes with the spices of your choice add the cheese if used and place over your pie.
- Decorate with the garlic and thyme before cooking in a preheated oven 160°C for 25-30 minutes or until the pie is piping hot and the topping is light golden.