There’s a lot going on in March, in fact, if you blink you might miss it. Yes, Wednesday was International Women’s Day but don’t forget this whole week (March 6 – 12) is British Pie Week. And as a foodie, I wouldn’t pass up the chance to share some awesome Pie recipes with you 🙂
In honour of Pie Week, I’ve collaborated with the awesome BerryWorld to bring you some delectable recipes, starting with this Blackberry Almond Tart. Don’t worry, it’s super easy to make so if you follow the instructions, you’ll have an awesome Blackberry Almond Tart to enjoy this weekend. Enjoy x
Prep time: 20mins
Cook time: 40 mins
150g castor sugar
212g short crust pastry
110g ground almonds
50g butter, softened
3 free range eggs, beaten
Few drops each vanilla and almond essence
15g flaked almonds, toasted
Sifted icing sugar
What to do:
- Place the fruit in a small pan with 50g of the sugar and warm through until the juices begin to rest. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas Mark 6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface large enough to line an 18cm loose-bottomed flan tin. Ease the pastry gently into the corners without stretching and trim the edges. Chill until required.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the rest of the sugar, the almonds, butter, eggs and flavourings until soft and well blended.
- Spoon the fruit into the pastry case, spread over the topping and flatten. Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the topping is set and light golden.
- Serve warm or cold topped with the flaked almonds and a shake of sifted icing sugar.