Another fantastic Parma Ham Christmas Canape Recipe perfect for any festive get together. Recipe makes 20 mini scones.
225g self-raising flour
½ tsp English mustard powder
½ tsp salt
30g Parmesan, finely grated
55g unsalted butter
6 slices Parma ham, 3 slices cut into small dice
2 sprigs of Thyme, picked and finely chopped
100g red onion marmalade
- Set the oven to 200C. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Add the flour, salt, mustard powder, Parmesan and butter to a food processor. Process until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the dry ingredients to a medium bowl, stir in the diced Parma ham and Thyme. Make a deep well in the flour, pour in the milk and mix to a soft dough.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough very lightly until it is just smooth. Roll or press out to about 2cm thick and stamp out 5cm rounds.
- Brush the scones with a little milk.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes until risen and golden brown. Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- To assemble, split each scone in half and fill with a little ricotta red onion marmalade and a slice of Parma ham.