Pan-fried wild Alaska pollock with crunchy lemon and parsley breadcrumbs, chorizo and buttered baby leeks.
Recipe of the day is the healthy fish recipe of Pan-fried wild Alaska Pollock with crunchy lemon and parsley breadcrumbs, chorizo and buttered baby leeks.
As far as the nutritional value of pollock goes, like salmon, tuna and cod, it is a good source of lean protein and low in saturated fat. And a healthy fish recipe such as this contains Vitamin B12, phosphorous and selenium.
This healthy fish recipe is easy to prepare – takes ten minutes including preparation and cooking time, and serves 4.
Fish recipe ingredients
4 x 150-200g Alaska pollock fillets, seasoned with salt and pepper
8 baby leeks, trimmed
1 tbsp olive oil
100g chorizo, sliced
Salt and black pepper
4 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
60g dry white breadcrumbs
Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
1 tbsp chopped parsley
- To make the breadcrumbs, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the garlic. Cook until the garlic just starts to colour and then add in the breadcrumbs and lemon zest. Remove from the heat
- Melt the butter and add the Pollock fillets. Cook for 2 minutes a side. Add the leeks half way through.
- At the same time, fry the chorizo slices in 1 tbsp hot oil for 1-2 minutes, reserve the oil.
- Reheat the breadcrumbs if they have cooled and then stir in the chopped parsley.
- Serve the Pollock fillets with a spoonful of breadcrumbs, baby leeks, chorizo, a drizzle of chorizo oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.