Recipe of the day is this delicious Gorgonzola, Pear and Parma Ham Puff Pastry Tart. It’s easy to make, can easily be a snack or a light supper meal. This Gorgonzola, Pear and Parma Ham Puff Pastry Tart serves 4.
4 x 13cm2 puff pastry squares
1 egg, beaten
3 tbsp crème fraîche
1 pear, cored and sliced
80g Gorgonzola Dolce
30g walnuts, chopped
2 slices Parma Ham, roughly torn
2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200oC
- Score a 1cm rim around the perimeter of the pastry squares.
- Prick the centre all over with a fork.
- Brush pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle with pepper.
- Spread a little crème fraîche over the base of each tart and add a layer of pear slices.
- Top each tart with Gorgonzola, walnuts, Parma Ham and thyme leaves.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes until the pastry has risen and turned golden brown.
Tip: This tart recipe is equally delicious served cold as part of a picnic lunch or dinner party starter.