Happy Halloween! Yes, it’s that time of year again and here’s a gorgeous treat courtesy of Parma Ham. Enjoy x
This Halloween recipe of Parma Ham wrapped Honey Roasted Halloween Pumpkin Wedges with crunchy Chilli Pumpkin Seeds is super easy to make and serves 6.
600g pumpkin, sliced into 6 and seeds reserved
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp lime zest
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp walnut oil
2 tbsp runny honey
6 sprigs fresh thyme
1/2 tsp paprika
Salt and black pepper
6 slices Parma Ham
- Preheat the oven to 150 oC.
- Mix the pumpkin seeds with ½ tsp chilli flakes, ½ tsp salt, a little pepper, lime zest and juice. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until crunchy and golden brown, tossing halfway.
- Place the pumpkin slices in a roasting tin.
- Mix together the walnut oil, runny honey and thyme leaves. Pour this mixture over the pumpkin slices, making sure each is covered well.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp of chilli flakes and paprika over the pumpkin, season and cover with foil.
- Increase the oven temperature to 190oC. Roast the pumpkin in the oven for 30 minutes, remove foil and roast for a further 20 minutes, basting at regular intervals until the sauce and pumpkin slices have caramelised.
- Squeeze a little lime juice over the pumpkin slices and then wrap a slice of Parma Ham around each
Serve the Parma Ham and pumpkin slices with plenty of spicy lime pumpkin seeds.
Cook’s tip: This is a fun dish to cook with the kids for Halloween, let them experiment with flavours by adding different herbs and spices. The pumpkin wedges are also fantastic dipped in sour cream.
Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma
Photography: Steve Lee
Recipe and Food Styling: Dialogue Agency