A fantastic ice cream recipe for hot summer days
Serves: 4 (makes 1 litre)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
450g Sweet Eve strawberries
1 tbsp lemon juice
130g caster sugar
250g whole milk, unset yoghurt
2 tbsps of freshly chopped mint and four extra sprigs for decoration
1 fresh pineapple
- Slice the strawberries into small pieces and place them with the lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan and warm gently, mixing well with a wooden spoon.
- Mash the strawberries with the back of a wooden spoon as the sugar dissolves and the mixture warms.
- Set the cooked strawberries aside to cool, covered.
- Mix together the yoghurt and mint in a bowl and then add the strawberries.
- Spoon the yoghurt mixture into four individual serving glasses, moulds or plastic ice-lolly moulds and freeze for at least three hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, take the serving glasses or moulds out of the freezer. Dip into warm water to unmould the yoghurt on a plate. Serve with finely chopped fresh pineapple and decorate with fresh mint.