Mini Welsh Beef Burgers Recipe:
Burgers are always a big hit come rain or shine so recipe of the day is this Mini Welsh Beef Burgers stuffed with creamy Gorgonzola, and topped with caramelised onions. The recipe makes 8 mini or 4 large burgers.
500g minced Welsh beef
2 tsp English mustard
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 egg yolk
salt and cracked black pepper
80g Gorgonzola piccante, crumbled
2 tbsp mayonnaise
8 mini or 4 large burger buns
salad leaves, to serve
1 large red onion, sliced
small knob of butter
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Mix the beef, 1tsp mustard, garlic and egg yolk together with your hands. Season and form into 16 flat patties.
- Sandwich two patties with approximately 1 tsp crumbled Gorgonzola and press the edges together to form a tight seal. Chill for 30 minutes or more.
- Meanwhile, fry the onions in a little butter until soft. Stir in the sugar and balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until caramelised.
- Cook the burgers on a hot barbecue, griddle or under the grill for 3-4 minutes a side until cooked through.
- Mix the mayonnaise and remaining English mustard and spread a little on each burger bun.
- Finally, top with salad leaves, Gorgonzola burger and caramelised onions.
Cook’s Tip: Make sure that the patties are well sealed as the melted Gorgonzola will escape very easily!