Recipe of the day is this Parma Ham, English Red Wine Mulled Poached Pears, Goats Cheese and Watercress Salad.
Tasty yet simple to make, this brilliant pears recipe will dazzle your taste buds. This pears recipe serves 4.
Pears recipe ingredients:
2 pears, peeled, halved and cored
200ml red wine
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 tbsp olive oil
200g goats cheese, sliced into 12 rounds
80g pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
8 slices Parma Ham
Pinch of cracked black pepper
- Lay the pears in the base of a large saucepan. Top with wine, water, sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Put a lid on the pan and simmer for 13-15 minutes until tender. Leave the pears to cool in the pan.
- Once cooled, remove the pears and keep covered in the fridge.
- Return the pan to the heat and reduce the poaching liquor to a syrupy consistency that coats the back of a spoon. Cool.
- Lay the goats cheese slice on a baking tray and brush a little olive oil and black pepper. Grill for 1-2 minutes until golden but still holding their shape.
- Arrange the pears on serving plates along with watercress and pecans.
- Add the grilled slices of goats cheese then drizzle with some of the reduced poaching liquor. Top with delicious Parma Ham slices.