After all the problems with hacking, I’m so happy to be finally back writing reviews again, and starting with one of my favourite beauty products to review – PERFUME. I’ve been holding on to this The Perfum Society Velvet Collection Discovery Box since late December so I can take my time and really experience it. I love perfume, in fact, I don’t think I’ve met one I didn’t like.
But if I had to choose, I’ll always go for sweet note perfumes with a spicy kick. I’ve tried several fragrance boxes but this is my first from the Perfume Society. The Perfume Society is a subscription service for perfume-lovers, but I found out they do so much more … They organise events (including ‘meet the nose’ events), courses, sampling opportunities, and publish a digital magazine called ‘The Scented Letter’, to keep fragrance lovers in the loop on what’s new in the world of perfume.
When I received the The Velvet Collection Discovery Box, my initial thought was that the samples were very niche – not the usual fragrances you get in high street stores. And it also reinforced my opinion of how great the idea of Discovery Boxes are; you get to try as many as 12 perfumes samples a month in hope of finding some favourites you’d like to commit to and splurge on.
Okay back to the The Velvet Collection Discovery Box, it contains a selection of scents which is meant to compliment winter months. It has samples of newly launched scents such as Connock London Andiroba and Atkinsons Pirates Grand Reserve, via Ruth Mastenbroek Firedance, among nine other unique scents.
It also gives a first look at just-launched Floral Street perfume house and the new Green & Black’s Velvet Collection Orange & Almond Dark Chocolate.
The Velvet Collection Discovery Box also has some gorgeous ‘extras’, including the super-effective Philosophy purity 3-in-1 cleanser for face and eyes, which removes all make-up on, after partying.
The Cochine White Jasmine & Gardenia Hand Cream, which delivers on its promise of touch-me soft skin. And of course a bar of Green & Black’s Velvet Edition Orange & Almond Chocolate, which is perfectly comforting this time of year.
Here’s a list of the entire contents of the The Perfume Society Velvet Collection Discovery Box
- Atkinsons Pirates Grand Reserve 1.2ml eau de parfum (full size £120 for 100ml)
- Floral Street Chypre Sublime 1.5ml eau de parfum (full size £55 for 50ml)
- Connock Andiroba Eau de Parfum 1.5ml eau de parfum (full size £75 for 100ml)
- Avery ‘E’ 4ml pure perfume (full size £90 for 30ml)
- Lalique Rêve d’Infini 1.8ml eau de parfum (full size £72 for 100ml)
- Map of the Heart Gold Heart v.4 1ml eau de parfum (full size £150 for 90ml)
- Ruth Mastenbroek Firedance 2ml eau de parfum (full size £90 for 50ml)
- Vince Camuto Amore 7.5ml MINIATURE eau de parfum (full size £60 for 100ml)
- Valeur Absolue Rouge Passion 1.5ml eau de parfum (full size £59 for 45ml)
- philosophy purity made simple 3-in-1 cleanser for face and eyes 30ml lotion (full size £19 for 240ml)
- Cochine White Jasmine & Gardenia Hand Cream 5ml (full size £24 for 100ml
That is a lot of samples to play around with. I of course finished the Green & Black’s Velvet Collection Orange & Almond Dark Chocolate before moving on to the fragrances which smell gorgeous and lift spirits during these dark and gloomy months.
The Velvet Collection and other Discovery Boxes by The Perfume Society is priced £15+ p&p to VIP Subscribers. and £19 + p&p to non-subscribers.