Welsh Beef Carpaccio Recipe:
Our last recipe of Welsh beef burgers was such a big hit, we’ve decided to bring you another delicious recipe made from Welsh beef. Recipe of the day is this delicious Welsh Beef Carpaccio with crumbled Gorgonzola, lemon and truffle oil.
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a starter
Welsh Beef Carpaccio Ingredients:
250g Welsh Beef fillet, trimmed
3 tbsp truffle oil
2 small handfuls rocket leaves
Juice of ½ lemon
150g Gorgonzola piccante
Salt and cracked black pepper
- Season the beef fillet with salt and pepper and rub with 1 tbsp truffle oil.
- Sear the beef fillet in a hot frying pan for 1 minute a side until browned.
- Cool and then wrap tightly in cling film. Place in the freezer for one hour.
- Whilst the beef is still wrapped in the cling film, use a sharp knife to slice and discard the end piece.
- Slice thin rounds off the fillet and place them, one at a time, between two sandwich bags. Use a rolling pin to gently bash the meat out so that it flattens to approximately 2mm thick.
- To serve, arrange the carpaccio slices on a plate, along with some rocket leaves, and then drizzle over a little lemon juice and truffle oil.
- Sprinkle over some black pepper and crumbled Gorgonzola.
Cook’s Tip: If you can’t find truffle oil, olive or walnut oil is a good alternative